We made this quick 1 layer card at my last team meeting and it's all about quick, simple and using 1 stamp set. I wanted to emphasize to my team that you can create a card full of design and filled with color. A reminder that a one layer card doesn't have to have a blank feel.
The "For All Things" stamp set is perfect for this technique because of the many solid stamps provided in the collection.
From the under layers of white ink to the upper layers of Early Espresso and Silver Metallic ink, the layers of leaves create an amazing sense of depth.
The earthy fall colors also make this a great and quick masculine card. It does have kind of a camo feel but the final Metallic leaves on top and Silver Metallic Baker's twine actually give it a touch of elegance.
1. Make a crumb cake card base.
2. Stamp large leaf in 3-4 places with Whisper White craft ink.
3. Stamp again with a cleaned leaf and use Soft Suede ink.
4. Clean stamp and stamp again in blank areas with Early Espresso.
5. Using Silver Metallic Encore ink stamp the feathered leaves over
the top of the other leaves. Dry with heat tool or hair dryer.
6. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.
7. Apply a small row of Rhinestone basics under the sentiment.
8. Add a final touch of glitz with a small Silver Glimmer leaf punched
from the Bird Builder Punch.
Did you know there are some great Holiday kits now available in the
Clearance Rack? They're perfect for saving you time at this busy time of the year. Quick kits make it easy to give away your favorite homemade treats and goodies. Think of all the other Holiday activities you can participate in instead of worrying about those much needed little gifts.
|Make 10 goodie bags for $1.99|
|12 Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon clip bows for just $2.39|