Today's card combines the Love of fishing , Good Ole' DAD and the Outdoors.
If you have a fisherman in your family this would be the perfect card for Father's Day.
I love the outdoors feel of the Red Barn wood background and the water colored fish proudly hung on the wall like a trophy.
The fish is actually quite easy to color....
- Stamp the fish image from the BY THE TIDE stamp set in black stazon on watercolor paper.
- Using SU markers and the SU aqua painter color the sections of the fish.
- Leaving a little white space between each of the colors ,Put Cherry cobbler of the top edge of the body, Bermuda Bay on the bottom and Pumpkin Pie in the Middle.
- Now take the aqua painter and blend water between each of the colors.
- Apply Early Expresso on the edges of the face and fins and use the aqua painter to pull the color from the outsides.
- With Paper Snips cut out the colored fish image and place dimensionals on the back.
Now for the rest of my card , let's start with the background which is part of the
jump on over and join the fun!
- Start with a Crumb Cake CUT and READY card base.
- On a 4 x 5 1/4 Riding Hood Red layer I stamped the Hardwood in Basic Gray ink.
- Wrap a piece of Early Espresso Bakers Twine around the Hardwood Panel and attach to the card base.
- Dry emboss the oval onto a piece of Naturals ivory cardstock.
- Place a Deco Label Framelit over the oval and diecut.
- Sponge with Basic Gray ink.
- Stamp a sentiment in Basic Gray ( this one is from the June'14 Paper Pumpkin Kit ) on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Cut sentiment with Extra Large Oval Punch, apply with dimensionals.
Thank You for joining me today !