Welcome to a fun little technique I haven't done in quite awhile...
Bleaching! It's a different way to feature the upcoming single stamp
Available Jun 2
You can see the lined image that was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink on the vanilla envelope. But look how different it looks when you make your own bleach pad and stamp on Early Espresso card stock. The stamped lines turned the color of Soft Suede which would be the color I chose for the vanilla backed panel.
I used the sketch challenge
at Connie and Mary for my layout inspiration
One of my favorite color combos are Bermuda Bay and browns. Because I've been into a gold thing lately it was only fitting that I keep the Gold mojo going. I have to say I really have enjoyed focusing on a specific product for several projects. I found myself saying a couple of weeks ago" Oh yeah, here's that stuff I bought back when and haven't used it enough"!
My Gold products include..
Brushed Gold cardstock, Gold Bakers Twine, & Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape
You can make your own Bleach pad by folding several layers of paper towels into an ink pad size. I then lighted soaked the pad in water. Next place the pad on a flat plate or pie tin. Now go outside and splash some household bleach on the pad on the plate. (watch out for your clothes) Use as a regular ink pad but hold the image on your paper for about 10 seconds so the bleach really soaks in. Let sit to dry. Finish drying with a Heat Tool. Cut out with Paper Snips.
1. Make a Bermuda Bay card base.
2. Cut and Attach a Soft Suede panel measuring 1/2" x 3 3/4".
3. Cut a Very Vanilla layer 4 1/4" x 3 1/4".
4. Wrap the vanilla layer with the Washi Tape.
5. Wrap the vanilla layer with the Gold Bakers Twine diagonally on 2 ends,
knot it and tie a bow. Tie a 2nd bow over the 1st bow with an additional
piece of twine. Attach this panel to the Suede layer.
6. Cut a 4 1/4" x 3/4" Brushed Gold banner.
7. Attach the banner on top of the vanilla layer as you slide it under the bow.
8. Stamp Birthday Wishes from the Petite Pairs set in Bermuda Bay ink on
Vanilla cardstock. Punch with Large Oval.
9. Layer the sentiment with a Scalloped Oval punched from Bermuda Bay C.S.
10. Color Basic Rhinestones with the the NEW Blendabilities Markers. I used the
darkest color in the Coastal Cabana Assortment....so pretty!
Thank You joining me today!