The Design Team at the Technique Twist has put together a collection of different Faux Frames for your viewing pleasure and encourage you to come join along in the challenge. Feel free to CASE mine or any of the others and put your own Twist on it.
It feels so good to be back creating again after being on a week long road trip and trying to manage a bad cold. We saw lots of family, were gone for 8 days and slept in 5 different beds only to come home and find out we picked up some bug along the way. Oh well, first bad cold for both of us in a long.....time!
Now on with the card....
It's EASY to make this Fun Faux Framed Chalkboard look...really, and I found another cool way to incorporate that skull washi tape from the last catalog!
1. Make a Basic Black card base
2. Cut Pistachio Pudding frame pieces 2 @ 4 1/4" x 3/4" , 2 @ 4" x 3/4"
I inked up the Woodgrain embossing folder with Pistachio Pudding ink by dragging it across the surface of the folder. (Tip...Ink it on the side that says Stampin'Up). Insert Pistachio Pudding card stock and run through the Big Shot machine. The grain design will be lighter.
3. Sponge a little Basic Black ink across the grain to darker a few raised areas.
4. Glue Grained frame pieces to the edges of the black card base.
5. Stamp to "best mate" image from the HELLO SAILOR stamp set.
Use the Chalkboard technique I did HERE.
6. Sponge White Craft ink on portions of the black card stock.
7. Using Basic Black ink stamp the "True North" image on Summer
Starfruit CS. Punch image with retired Designer Label punch or use a 1 1/4"
Circle Punch layered on a Ticket Duo Punch base.
I created The Knotted Rope rigging using Linen Thread, the Banner punch from the FREE SALE A BRATION items and matching stamp set found HERE.
8. Use Summer Starfruit ink for 2 flag images.
9. Use white Craft ink for the anchor image on black card stock.
10. Use Skull and Crossbones Witches Brew Washi tape from
the Holiday catalog on a black flag.
Thanks for joining today's Faux Frame inspiration