Technique Twist #6 "Bleaching",
my Design Team Twist on the Technique....
Magnificent Maple Faux Color Chip
( why stamp on 1 color of card stock when you can do 3...LOL )
Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke, Old Olive
Check out what the rest of the DESIGN TEAM has done
and come play along HERE
There are various ways to do image bleaching......
here's what I did
1. Make a bleach pad by placing folded paper towel on a salad size flat plate.
2. Pour bleach directly onto paper towels away from other items probably in
your laundry area ( my sheets sitting on the dryer somehow found a couple
of dribbles as I moved them to get other stuff out of the dryer....arghhhh).
3. Place the fumes aside as you cut your card stock.
4. Cut the color panels
2 -Pear Pizzazz 3 3/4" x 1/2"
2 -Always Artichoke 3 3/4" x 1"
1 -Old Olive 3 3/4" x 1 3/4"
5. Adhere the panels side by side on a piece of white copy paper.
6. Ink up the Magnificent Maple stamp lightly with clear versamark ink to
protect the stamp and then onto the bleach pad.
7. Turn your stamp as you place images on ALL 3 colors making sure you
stamp off the edge also.
8. Let dry and watch the color being pulled from each card stock color.
9. When dry trim away the copy paper and Punch with the 3/16" Corner Edge.
10. Make a sentiment panel
Whisper White 2 1/4" x 3/4" So Saffron 2 1/2" x 1"
11. Stamp the "hello there" sentiment from the HAPPY DAY stamp set in
Always Artichoke ink. ( available in French and German also).
12. Pop up the sentiment with dimensionals and place the whole faux
color chip on a Whisper White card base.
You really must give it a GO, it's fun to see how each color of card stock
can come up with a variety of bleached colors.
Todays supplies include...
Stamps: Magnificent Maple # 131868 wood only
Happy Day wood# 130294 clear #130297 (also French & German)
Paper: Pear #131201, Artichoke #105119, Olive # 100702
Whisper White # 100730, So Saffron # 105118
Ink: Versamark # 102283, Always Artichoke # 126972
Bleach, Paper Towels