Make Your Own Designer Paper with the Postage Collection
Hostess set from the New 2013-14 Catalog
New Colors, A Super Cute Hostess Set and an Easy Way to Use them! I just couldn't resist playing with all the elements ( a total of 16 in the set) to create this unique background for my vintage feel card. I am totally in love with the NEW IN-COLORS...They have a softness about them, but still full of color. I can't help but think of ice cream when I see them together. Yummy!
Today I used Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, and Bermuda Bay (back from retirement) to make my own DSP. Let me show you how you can make it too!
1. Make a whisper white card base
2. Cut a Brown Sugar panel 5 1/4" x 3 1/2".
3. Cut a Coastal Cabana panel 5" x 3 1/4".
4. Cut a whisper white layer 4 3/4" x 3".
5. Stamp the darkest color first , Brown Sugar, with
the Vintage truck image.
6. Using Coastal Cabana Ink, stamp the bicycles close to the truck with some
going over the paper edge (also known as bleeding off the edge).
7. Using Pistachio Pudding ink , stamp umbrellas in between spaces while still
maintaining some left over white space.
8.Using Bermuda Bay ink, stamp the bee using full ink and also stamping off
ink. In other words,
a. Stamp the bee image into the ink pad, then stamp on the paper.
b. Stamp off the ink still remaining on the bee back onto the paper again
to get a softer 2nd image.
Now for the embellishment
1. Cut a Bermuda Bay panel 3" x 1 1/4"
2. Use the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to make a Pistachio Pudding
strip to adhere to the Bermuda Bay layer.
3. Stamp the sentiment FRIEND onto a piece of Pistachio card stock and then
punch out with the Elegant Butterfly.
4. Punch a Elegant Butterfly out of Champagne Glitter Paper and use a Glue
Dot to place the Pistachio Butterfly on top of it.
5. Stamp a Patterned Square (yes it comes as part of the 16 stamps in the set)
using Brown Sugar ink on a scrap of white card stock.
6. I then used a 3/4" square punch to remove the white space in the middle,
but you could also use an exacto knife or punch a circle in the middle and
then use your paper snips to remove the rest of the paper.
7. Place the mini frame over the butterfly wing and slipped under the
champagne glitter one. Pop up all 3 pieces with dimensionals.
8. Punch an additional Champagne Glitter Butterfly with the
Bitty Butterfly punch.
These New Catalog Products will be available starting
May 31st 2013 HERE
The POSTAGE COLLECTION HOSTESS SET pg. 204
wood # 129237
clear mount # 129240
Be sure and return tomorrow for my
3-D Choc Nugget Treat Holder!
Thank You and I'll see you soon!